Jun 5, 2012

The Dog Days Are Over

Well, it's here. I got my confirmation from EPIK that I have a position in Seoul! I can't believe it. I'm sitting at work right now, trying to keep it under control.

Be cool, Meg. Be cool.

I can't believe this is happening.  For the last few weeks, I've been battling secret (or not so secret) fears of being placed in a tiny town where nobody speaks English, or worse.... getting rejected all together. Along with those fears came the feelings of "Gee, Meg, if you're so afraid of really experiencing a small town in another country, maybe you're not cut out for this in the first place." It was a fun little spiral of self-doubt and (some) shame.

But that's all over now! Don't you worry no more. Gonna go west... to the sea...

Ahem. Sorry. Sometimes I burst into Elton John lyrics when I'm anxious.

Anyway, now I have a teeny bit more waiting. I'll get my contract in the mail some time in the next few weeks. From there, I can go to the Korean consulate and get a visa, and then I can get my plane ticket.

In the meantime, I get to break the news to my boss.

Meg out.

No comments:

Post a Comment