Apr 29, 2013

Temples, Bibimbap, and Motel Tea Ceremonies

Disclosure: I contracted a nasty cold on Thursday and have been suffering ever since, so I'm a little doozy on cold medicine as I write this. You'll have to excuse me for not being able to string words together the way I normally can. 

As you may have gathered, I'm back from my weekend trip to Jeonju. Aside from a really nasty head cold, I had a lovely time. The Pagoda Temple and Stone Pagodas of Mount Mai were absolutely incredible. Looking at it gave me one of those moments where I just think, "Wow. I live in Korea."

This sentiment was reinforced by the ajummas and ajosshis who turned out en masse in their high tech, coordinated hiking gear to schlep the half hour "hike" (read: stroll along a paved road) up to the temple. I managed to snap a few pictures of some of them. Oh, Korea.

So I went on this little trip with my friend Regan, and we met some very nice people in our tour. One woman is a yoga instructor just outside of Seoul, and held a little tea ceremony with us in our motel room.

We also learned how to make Jeonju bibimbap, which apparently is different from regular bibimbap. I will say this: It was DELICIOUS. I got to show off my secret culinary skills, which mostly consist of being able to slice things quickly. Oh, the skill sets earned from years in the food service industry...

Anyway, enough writing. I'm on too much medicine to be able to put sentences together. Enjoy the pictures!

Also, can we talk about how this is my THIRD post today? You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment